Serving Lehigh Valley And Eastern Pennsylvania
Medical Malpractice Attorney
When The Unimaginable Happens, We Are Here For You
Even highly skilled medical professionals make mistakes or improper judgments. When you are receiving medical care, a lot is at stake and the resulting harm to a patient can be injury or death.
At Scherline Injury Law, we care deeply about what happens to our clients. We know that it is tough to challenge a doctor or other medical professional. We are here to help you navigate this process and make sure you get the recovery you deserve when something goes wrong.
Over 40 Years Of Experience Representing Injured People
Common Medical Malpractice Causes
Medical malpractice can occur anytime a patient is being cared for and at anytime during their care. Many failures may result in a claim for medical negligence, including failing to:
- Properly manage a pregnancy or safely deliver a baby
- Properly diagnose a patient’s disease or injury
- Leaving a sponge or surgical instrument in the patient
- Operating on the wrong part of the body
- Properly treat a condition
- Properly prescribe a drug or treatment
- Properly administer a drug, medication or treatment
- Cease an ineffective treatment
- Recommend or provide appropriate diagnostic testing
- Inform about available treatment
- Obtain a patient’s consent
- Fully inform a patient of the risks before treatment
- Perform surgery appropriately
- Perform the correct surgery
- Anticipate problems associated with the condition or injury
It is important to keep in mind that no medical professional can guarantee a cure or other successful outcome. Unsatisfactory results are not automatic grounds for a malpractice suit. However, if you believe you have a claim due to medical negligence — for example, a surgical error or birth injury — our experienced team of lawyers can help you evaluate your claim and advise you on the best strategy for moving forward.
Schedule A Free
Available 24/7 | Se Habla Español
Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation with a personal injury attorney.